Honda Marine BF30 - 20 in.
Call for Price
Packed with dependable power.
For mid and smaller horsepower needs, there’s plenty of punch in the Honda BF30 and BF25. But it’s power you’ll feel and never hear. That’s because all Hondas are whisper quiet. So extraordinarily quiet, we don’t have to put extra dampening insulation in the cowling like most manufacturers do.
Instead we pack ‘em full of features. Like a Center Mount Tiller with up-front controls. The 3 to 3 Induction system that provides smooth, quiet operation. And Autostart Enrichment, which makes starting a breeze.
And of course, the exceptionally durable BF25 and BF30 are backed by the best standard warranty you can get. The end result? More good times on the water.
- Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Increased Displacement For More Power: The BF25 and 30 have the largest displacement in their class, at 552 cc (33.7 cubic inches). This provides more torque in midrange operation.
- Center Mount Tiller - Easier control: The ergonomically designed tiller handle is longer for improved handling. Adjustments for throttle and steering friction allow easier control. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
- 3 to 3 Induction - better response and performance: 3 to 3 induction provides smooth, quiet operation, along with instant throttle response and performance. A compact 3-cylinder, 3-carburetor design utilizes one carburetor per cylinder. This design is more responsive than competitive throttle bodies with long intake runners.
- PGM Ignition - optimizes performance: A reliable microprocessor accurately controls ignition timing during start-up and across the entire RPM range, providing optimum overall operation.
- Auto Start Enrichment - easy starts: Auto Start Enrichment acts as an automatic choke. Just like a fuel injection system, it automatically adjusts the air/fuel mixture for quick, easy starting and warm-up.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Easy Maintenance: The port-mounted oil filter and oil fillers simplify maintenance. Easy "screw-type" valve adjusters require no shims, reducing maintenance costs.
- Non-Linear Mounting System - smoother operation: Patented non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- 3 Inlet Cooling - better performance: Provides plenty of water to maintain optimum engine temperature in all conditions.
- Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed: Audio and visual cues combine with RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of overheating, low oil PSI and over-revving to prevent engine damage.
- Forced Air Ventilation - better performance and durability: Unique air intake on the top of the cowl allows cooler air to enter and warmer air to escape. The ventilation system reduces under-the-hood operating temperature, improving performance and long-term durability of the electrical components.
- Positive Lubrication - better durability: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- Regulated Charging System - more power: A rectifier/regulator is standard on both manual and electric-start models. On manual models, you have the convenience of 4 Amps to charge the battery, and on electric-start models, a high-output 10 Amp system.
- Power Trim/Tilt - easy and convenient: Allows user to trim the unit for maximum performance and handling.
- Trim Range: - 4° to +12°: Tilt Range: 64°
- Gas Assist Tilt - easy and convenient: Acting much like a pressure strut on a car's trunk lid, the gas-filled cylinder makes it easy to tilt the engine for running in shallow water, or to raise it completely out of the water for protection.
- Forward Mounted Shift Lever - easy access: Provides easy access to the forward-mounted controls.
- Built-In Pitot Tube: Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
- Available in both 15 and 20 inch shaft models
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder - 2 Valves/ Cyl.
- Displacement: 552 cc (33.7 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 61 mm x 63 mm (2.4 x 2.5 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Rated Power: 30 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 3 Carburetors
- Ignition System: PGM-IG
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +12 deg.
- Tilt Range: 64 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator with voltage regulator (Electric Start): 10-Amp (126 watt)
- Propeller: 3-Blade Aluminum
- Diameter x Pitch: 9-7/8 x 12 in.
- Power Trim & Tilt: Available
- Gas Assisted Tilt: Available
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Overall Width: 375 mm/14.8 in.
- L Type: 508 mm/20 in.
- L-Type: 72.5 kg/160 lb.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder - 2 Valves/ Cyl.
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.4 x 2.5 in. (61 mm x 63 mm)
- 552 cc (33.7 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in. (508 mm)
- 160 lb. (72.5 kg)
- Trim Method
- -4 deg. to +12 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 30 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.08:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 3 Carburetors
- 10-Amp (126 watt)
- Water Cooled
- True 5 Warranty